In the 1970's there was a musical called, "The Me Nobody Knows" which featured the voices of inner city American youth. There was a song called "If I had a Million Dollars". They all pondered what they would do with that money.
We can all imagine if WE had a million dollars. Our dream at Aviv Judea is to pay off the loan on our building. There are very few Messianic Congregations that have their own place.
On October 1, 2014, after 36 years of moving from one facility to another, we finally moved into our own place in Fullerton. Because of our faith and trust in Him, He secured a loan for us. Like the majority, we know what it is like to not have our own building and to lease instead.
We presently lease our building to two church congregations. Their rent pays for our basic mortgage, however it does restrict our ministry "to the Jew first, and to the Nations" and to grow and to reach out to the Jewish community.
We are presently right on Commonwealth, a busy main street in Fullerton, just a couple of blocks from downtown.
Part of our vision is to create Aviv Judea Messianic Jewish Community Center that would be open to all.
Imagine a place for learning Torah, a place to dialogue about Yeshua the Messiah, a place to have Friday night Shabbat dinners open to the community, a Library and Gift Shop.
These are all dreams until we pay off the loan.
It is nothing but a miracle that we are in our own building.
With the help of a G-d fearing Realtor, Ruby Shehadi, we were able to make the first move.
The second move, I believe, is that it is time to pay off the loan.
Just a million dollars!
Being good stewards of of our financial resources, we were able to put down 650 thousand dollars as a down payment.
In the past two years have added an additional $130 thousand towards the principal.
In my 38 years as a congregational leader of TAJ, I have never taken a salary. Nor have our elders, treasurer, shamash, or worship leaders ever taken a salary. This was just another reason why we were able to get this loan.
We are a small, loving and GENEROUS body of believers. I brought this to our congregation, that we want to complete the dream to become debt-free, so we can focus on Outreach, beautification of His Place, and a Community Center.
There are many ways to help the KEREN MISHKAN (the building of the Tabernacle)
1. You can donate directly on our website by clicking here.
If you prefer, you can mail it to:
Temple Aviv Judea
P.O. Box 1124
Yorba Linda, CA
Don’t forget to put “Keren Mishkan” in the memo of your check.
2. You can remember us in your Living Trust. If you have no one to leave it to, please remember us. You can always remember to give a percentage to TAJ.
3. If you buy or sell your home, or property and you need a realtor, TAJ has a ‘preferred’ God-fearing Realtor…Taroub “Ruby” Shehadi. She not only will do the best job, as she did for this congregation, but she will also give her ’tithe’ right back to Aviv Judea.
4. We will be dedicating a prominent wall in our sanctuary in order to remember and honor our loved ones. It will be artistically made and each plaque will contain the donor’s name and the one to be remembered. The plaques will be available to purchase.
5. In the spirit of 2 Kings 4:1-7, we have been given plastic jars, so we can put our loose change in them. On every first Shabbat of each month we will bring our change together and watch the money grow, just as the oil and the loaves of bread and fish multiplied. We are calling this ‘COINONIA”.
Let us dedicate our contributions to Avinu Shebashamayim (Heavenly Father) who has given us His Son, Yeshua HaMashiach, and who poured out His Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) on us, so we can be joined together as one (Echad).
Let us bring forth the Good News to the Jew first, and also to the Nations: Romans 1:16
Posted on Mon, November 21, 2016
by Kurt Wilson